Throughout Central Florida, injury victims and their loved ones have turned time and again to the lawyers of Chanfrau & Chanfrau. Skilled in all kinds of civil litigation matters and personal injury lawsuits, we fight diligently for plaintiffs to ensure the system works.
A number of times our attorneys are contacted for premises liability lawsuits involving slip and fall accidents. Many times these kinds of accidents occur on stairways and in stairwells. Let's find out why that is the case.
Falls on Stairs Can Lead to Serious Injuries
Any sort of fall or slip accident needs to be taken seriously, but on stairs, the falls can be particularly painful and dangerous. This is especially true when a person falls down the stairs from a great height. Broken bones, sprains, bruises, and cuts are all possible. Head and facial injuries may also be sustained in serious falls, which is why our attorneys always look into these issues with such scrutiny.
Problems with Stairs and Stairways That Lead to Injury
Sometimes a person simply missteps and that leads to a fall down the stairs. In other instances, the fall down the stairs may be the result of problems on a property. These include the following issues:
- Slippery or Wet Steps - If there is moisture of any kind on a step or a landing, it's more likely for a person to lose his or her footing and fall while they are walking on the stairs.
- Uneven Steps - If steps are unevenly spaced, slanted, or surfaced, issues with balance can occur, resulting in falls.
- Lack of a Bannister - A bannister is key for stopping falls from happening. When a staircase or stairwell lacks a bannister, preventable falls are more likely to occur.
- Poor Maintenance - Steps, rails, bannisters, and other structures along a stairway need to be sound in design and construction. When poor maintenance leads to problems with the integrity of these structures, people become more likely to fall and injure themselves.
- Bad/Insufficient Lighting - Never take lighting for granted in any space you're in. If it's dark or the lightning is dim, you may wind up losing your footing or missing a step, leading to an increased chance of falling and hurting yourself.
Filing a Premises Liability Lawsuit Is Important
If you have experienced a serious injury as a result of a fall down the stairs at a business, private property, or an establishment of some kind, it's important that you seek legal representation to assist you in filing a premises liability lawsuit. Skilled lawyers will hold property owner(s) accountable if they were negligent in performing simple tasks that would have prevented an injury from occurring.
How Our Attorneys Can Help You
Our attorneys will seek compensation to cover the medical bills for any injuries sustained as a result of your fall down the stairs. In addition, we will do our best to affect change, making sure the property owner improves the state of his or her stairs at the establishment so that these kinds of avoidable accidents do not occur in the future. We are advocates for the injured and we take this duty seriously.
Speak with the Attorneys of Chanfrau & Chanfrau
To learn more about your legal options following a serious injury on another person's property, be sure to contact our personal injury attorneys today. The lawyers at Chanfrau & Chanfrau will work closely with you to ensure that you receive just compensation for injuries sustained and any hardships that you've had to endure.