The law firm of Chanfrau & Chanfrau has been helping clients in the greater Daytona Beach and Palm Coast region with their legal needs. This is particularly important following major motor vehicle collisions such as rollovers. Lawsuits that involve rollover auto accidents require experienced attornneys to negotiate the various complexities of the legal system, which is why having Chanfrau & Chanfrau on your side is crucial.
About Rollover Accidents
Rollover auto accidents refer to any kind of vehicle incident in which the vehicle has turned over onto its side or onto its roof. These kinds of accidents can be especially serious given the amount of movement that the driver and passenger(s) are subjected to from the vehicle turning about.
Causes of Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents may be classified as tripped or untripped.
- Tripped Rollover Accidents - In tripped rollover accidents, a collision with another vehicle or object is what caused the rollover of the vehicle to occur
- Untripped Rollover Accidents - In untripped rollover accidents, the vehicle rolls over on its own independent of another vehicle or object colliding with it; in such cases, the rollover is the result of a sharp turn, poor friction with the ground, bad steering, excessive speed, or a combination of these issues
Are certain vehicles more likely to experience rollover accidents?
Vehicles that have a higher center of gravity, a narrower axle track, or have issues with sensitive steering are more likely to rollover than others. This includes the following kinds of vehicles:
- Sports utility vehicles (SUVs)
- Light trucks
- Pickup trucks
- Full size vans
Roof Crushes from Rollover Accidents
If a vehicle rolls completely over onto its roof, there is another significant danger to consider in such accidents: roof crushes. This refers to the roof of the vehicle caving in on the people inside. This can lead to severe injuries and even fatalities given the nature of such accidents. This is why rollover accidents should never be taken lightly.
How to Avoid Rollover Accidents
In order to avoid experiencing a rollover accident, motorists should observe traffic laws and use common sense. When driving any vehicle (not just ones with an increased chance of experiencing a rollover), be sure to:
- Drive at a safe and legal speed
- Observe all traffic signs (some provide warnings of rollover hazards)
- Take sharp turns at the recommended speed limit
- Drive slower when traction on the road is poor
- Have your steering checked and maintenanced properly
- Make sure your tires are in good condition
How Our Attorneys Can Help You
In tripped rollover accidents, we will be sure to hold any negligent parties responsible if they contributed to the collision and accident.
For untripped rollovers, we will examine the nature of the accident and determine if there was an inherent danger in the design of your vehicle, negligence with regard to other factors (e.g., poor road conditions, defective tires, improper road signage), or both. We will then hold the negligent party or parties accountable for their irresponsible actions.
No matter what, we will ensure that you receive just compensation for injuries and other material losses. If you lose a loved one in a rollover accident, the compensation sought will also be used to cover the hardship of losing someone that you care about.
Speak with Our Personal Injury Lawyers
To learn more about your legal options following a serious auto accident, be sure to contact our personal injury attorneys today. The legal team here at Chanfrau & Chanfrau look forward to your visit and helping you achieve justice following serious acts of negligence.