Types of Premises Liability
At the law firm of Chanfrau & Chanfrau, our personal injury attorneys handle the full range of personal injury cases, including premises liability claims. Our Central Florida premises liability attorneys, serving all of Flagler County, have extensive experience and success in handling injury cases arising from slip and fall accidents and other accidents occurring on other people’s properties.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident that occurred on another party’s unsafe premises, or if you have lost a member of your family to such an accident, you have rights. The personal injury lawyers of Chanfrau & Chanfrau would be pleased to evaluate your case and advise you of your legal options. Whatever the circumstances surrounding your premises liability claim, we have the experience, resources, and skill to present the strongest case possible on your behalf.
Common Premises Liability Accidents
There is no limit to the possible types of premises liability accidents; however, some types are far more common than others. The most common types of accidents that give rise to lawsuits handled by our premises liability attorneys include:
- Slip and fall accidents: Slip and fall accidents can occur due to spilled liquids, cleaning agents, and ice, among other substances. Our slip and fall attorneys must be able to demonstrate that there was adequate warning or other attempt by the owner or manager of the premises to protect visitors from the potential for a dangerous slip.
- Trip and fall accidents: Similar to slip and fall accidents, trip and fall accidents occur due to uneven surfaces or obstacles that cannot readily be seen.
- Inadequate security: Commercial properties in particular have to provide adequate security to protect visitors on their premises from harm. When measures have not been taken to provide such security, property owners or managers may be held liable for attacks, muggings, rapes, or other acts of violence that occur on their premises.
- Falling merchandise or other objects: Owners of stores and other properties where objects are stacked and at risk of falling can be held responsible if a visitor is struck by a falling object.
- Elevator and escalator accidents: These types of accidents are unfortunately common, especially when elevators and escalators are not regularly inspected or maintained.
Other types of premises liability accidents include swimming pool accidents, accidents involving faulty or otherwise unsafe stairs or steps, animal attacks, accidents involving holes, and accidents caused by fires and smoke.
Whatever the cause of your premises liability accident, our attorneys must be able to demonstrate that the victim was owed a duty of care by the owner or manager of the property, and that the owner of manager failed to fulfill this duty by making the property safe or by protecting the visitor with clear warnings or by barricading access to the unsafe area.
Learn More about Premises Liability Litigation
To learn more about premises liability law, or to schedule an evaluation of your potential case, please contact the personal injury law firm of Chanfrau & Chanfrau today.