Securing Maximum Compensation after Devastating Motorcycle Accidents
Flagler Beach, FL, has a temperate climate and beautiful stretches of highway which make riding a popular activity. But congested roadways and inattentive drivers place motorcycle riders at risk. If you or a loved one have been involved in a serious motorcycle accident, reach out to the lawyers at Chanfrau & Chanfrau. Forming the backbone of the family-owned law firm, W. M. Chanfrau, Sr., William Chanfrau, Jr., and Kelly Chanfrau have deep ties to the legal community. Our passion is helping injured victims recover by seeking the maximum amount of compensation in personal injury cases. Learn more about your next steps by emailing the firm or calling (386) 258-7313 today.
Local Roads Are Risky for Motorcyclists
A1A is a scenic highway, with a sizeable stretch of roadway running through the Flagler Beach and Flagler County areas. This portion of roadway has seen its share of violent crashes, especially for motorcycle accidents. But this is not the only spot bikers should exercise extra caution when riding a motorcycle in Flagler Beach or County. Others include:
- State Road 100: This 153-mile long road runs east to west, starting at the border between Georgia and Florida. The easternmost point on the road intersects with A1A in Flagler Beach.
- U.S. Highway 1: This major highway runs north to south, ending at Key West. In Florida, this part of the highway is famous for its scenery and boasts several vacation destinations along the way.
With so many riders taking advantage of the perfect riding weather and gorgeous views, the likelihood of an accident is high.
We are passionate about helping motorcycle accident victims recover by seeking the maximum amount of compensation.
In March 2018, three people were injured when a motorist “plowed into” several motorcyclists who were riding ahead of the car. The crash on U.S. 1 at Matanzas Woods Parkway caused officials to stop traffic, as the victims were transported to the hospital.
Why Injuries Are Often Catastrophic
All types of motorized vehicles are dangerous, and people are hurt in car accidents and truck accidents every day. But the possibility of being injured is far greater when the driver is operating a motorcycle. For instance, motorcycle riders face these unique dangers:
- Drastic changes in weather patterns can catch bikers off guard, and cause skidding and slipping that is not as prevalent in a car or truck.
- Seatbelts and other safety features found in cars and trucks are absent on motorcycles.
- Not all riders and drivers opt to wear helmets or other protective gear, making the risk of injury greater when they are thrown from the cycle.
- Cars and trucks have different safety standards than motorcycles, making a cycle more dangerous to operate.
- The smaller size of a motorcycle can make it more difficult for a driver to see when on the road.
Assistance Recovering from Motorcycle Accidents
The law firm of Chanfrau & Chanfrau is dedicated to helping clients recover just compensation for their injuries. We first establish liability, whether a driver was reckless or a motorcycle part was defective, then seek damages for lost wages, loss of future earnings, medical costs, and emotional suffering. Through the aggressive pursuit of everything a victim is entitled to receive, we are able to obtain maximum recovery for our clients.
Learn More during a Case Evaluation
Chanfrau & Chanfrau is a personal injury firm with a reputation for excellence. Our attorneys put their legal knowledge to work for you when seeking damages for a motorcycle accident. Call our office at (386) 258-7313 or contact us online to schedule an evaluation and learn more.