William Chanfrau, Jr.
Central Florida Personal Injury Attorney
Recognized as one of the most accomplished personal injury attorneys in Florida, William M. Chanfrau, Jr., has been practicing law for over 20 years. His career began at the State Attorneys Office, where he served from August 1997 through 2000. While there, he successfully handled hundreds of Misdemeanor and Felony cases through the final resolution either by plea negotiations and/or trial. In January 2001, William started practicing law at Chanfrau, Chanfrau and Bouck as an Associate where he focused on handling both plaintiff's personal injury claims and criminal cases. In July 2007, William became the managing partner at Chanfrau & Chanfrau where he continues today to focus primarily on plaintiff’s personal injury claims. Acknowledged as one of America’s Top 100 Attorneys, he has held and continues to hold leadership positions both professionally and in the community.
William Chanfrau, Jr. – In his Own Words
I was born and raised in Daytona Beach where I now continue our family’s legacy as a partner at Chanfrau & Chanfrau. My decades of experience in personal injury, personal injury protection (PIP) litigation, criminal law, and general practice enables me to serve my clients and their families with keen insight, professionalism and enthusiasm. I am very active in both the local and legal arenas with a deep commitment to give back to the community that has been my family’s home for well over 70 years. I am grateful for these opportunities and the ability to carry on not only the legacy of Chanfrau & Chanfrau, but to be of service to those in our community who may not otherwise have a voice.
William Chanfrau, Jr.
Honors and Memberships
- Law Clerk, Chanfrau, Chanfrau & Bouck (Summer 1995)
- Law Clerk, Wilkes & Mchugh (January 1996 - May 1997)
- Admitted to the Florida Bar (September 1997 - Present)
- Admitted to the U.S. Middle District of Florida, U.S. Supreme Court (2001 - Present)
- Assistant State Attorney for the 7th Judicial Circuit (August 2007 - December 2001); Associate, Chanfrau, Chanfrau & Bouck (January 2001 - June 2002)
- Partner, Chanfrau & Chanfrau (July 2002 - present)
Contact our personal injury attorneys in Daytona Beach for more information, or to schedule a free consultation with William Chanfrau, Jr.
- Member: Volusia County Bar Association (1998 - present)
- Young Lawyer Representative (July 1999 - July 2000); Board Member (July 2000 - July 2004); President elect (July 2002 - July 2003); President (July 2003 - July 2004)
- Member: Florida Bar (September 2007 - present)
- Elected 7th Circuit Representative for the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, Board of Governors (July 2001 - July 2008)
- Board member Florida Bar Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee for the 7th Judicial Circuit (July 2001 - July 2004)
- Member: Volusia Civil Trial Lawyers Association (2002 - present); President Elect (2013); President (2014)
- Board member (2011 - 2012)
- Member: Florida Justice Association (September 1997 – present)
- Board member (June 2013 - June 2016)
- Member: American Association for Justice (January 2001 – present)
- Member: American Bar Association (1997 - present)
- Member: Southern Trial Lawyers Association (2011 – present)
- Stetson College of Law Advisory Committee (2005 - 2006)
- Ormond Beach Rotary Club (2004 - present)
- Halifax Hospital Foundation (2011 - present)
- Daytona State College Foundation (2015 - present)
- Daytona Beach Quarterback Club (1997 - present)
- Ormond Beach Spikes Board (2016 - present)
- Florida State University Golden Chief (2001 - present)
- Member: Seminole Club of Volusia and Flagler County (1999 - present), Board member (1998 - 2000), President (1999 - 2000)
- Delta Tau Delta (1989 – 1993)
- Florida International Festival, Board member (2003 - 2010)
- Member: Oceanside Country Club (2001 - present)
Honors and Distinctions
- Selected to the 2017 list as a member of the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys (2017)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum (2007 - present)
- Lawyers of Distinction (2015 – present)
- Florida Super Lawyers (2014 - present)
- 10 Best - Client Satisfaction (2015 - present)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated Attorney (2016 - present)
- Best Attorney, Rue Rating's Best Attorneys of America, Lifetime Charter Member (2015 -present)
- Lawyers of Distinction, Personal Injury (Member 2016 - present)
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers, Civil Plaintiff (2016 - present)
- Seabreeze High School (1989)
- Florida State University (B.S. Political Science, 1993)
- Stetson College of Law (J.D., 1997)
Contact William Chanfrau, Jr.
William Chanfrau, Jr. is one of our distinguished personal injury attorneys here in Daytona Beach. He is not only committed to the law, he is also committed to securing the future of victims and their families who have suffered from boating accidents, slips and falls, trucking accidents, and other events that may have been caused by someone else's negligence. Please contact Chanfrau & Chanfrau in Central Florida to set up a free consultation.