Central Florida Personal Injury Attorney
and Employment Law Attorney
Kelly H.Chanfrau has practiced law for nearly 20 years. She has successfully represented individuals, businesses and governments in a wide variety of state and federal cases including major personal injury and wrongful death, civil rights litigation, employment and labor litigation, and class actions. Ms.Chanfrau focuses her practice on serving individuals harmed by negligence of others and/or through civil rights violations. She believes the civil justice system is key to helping others achieve fairness and dignity. Ms.Chanfrau has achieved excellent trial verdicts in state courts, federal courts, and through arbitrations.
Ms. Chanfrau has received the AV Preeminent Rating® from Martindale-Hubbell® for the highest level of professional excellence. Ms. Chanfrau is Board Certified by the Florida Bar as an expert in Labor and Employment Law - a distinction achieved by less than 7% of Florida Bar Members. She has been listed consistently in The Best Lawyers in America.
The Best Lawyers in America named her an Orlando Area “Lawyer of the Year” in 2021. Florida Superlawyers has listed Ms. Chanfrau as a Florida Superlawyer since 2012, and recently named her as one of the Top 50 Female Superlawyers in the entire state of FLORIDA (regardless of practice area including defense or plaintiff). She has been listed in Florida Trend’s Legal Elite several times. Ms. Chanfrau’s peers honored her as “2017 Woman of the Year” by the Volusia-Flagler Association for Women Lawyers (VFAWL).
Prior to returning to her hometown of Daytona Beach, Florida to join Chanfrau & Chanfrau in 2010, Ms. Chanfrau was a Partner at a nationwide defense law firm in Tampa, Florida, representing Fortune 500 companies, large nationwide retailers, an international bank, nationwide restaurant chains and franchises, public employers, local governments, and many other local and national companies before state and federal courts in Florida, Alabama, and Texas.
Education and Admissions
- Seabreeze High School (1993)
- Florida State University (B.A., Cum Laude 1997)
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., with Honors 2001)
- Florida State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District Court of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District Court of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
Honors and Distinctions
- Lawyer of the Year – 2021 – Best Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America - 2021
- President – FL-National Employment Labor Lawyers Association.
- AV-Preeminent Rating -2020-2021
- Volusia-Flagler Association for Women Lawyers “2017 Woman of the Year”
- U.S. News and World Report – Best Lawyers, Labor/Best Law Firm (2017 - 2021)
- Florida Super Lawyer
- Florida Super Lawyer – Business Edition (2013 - 2019)
- Best Lawyers in America – Labor Law (2016 - 2019)
- Recognized in Best Lawyers – Business “2017 Women of Influence”
- Legal Elite 2021 – Florida Trend Magazine
- Daytona Beach News-Journal - “2016 Influential Women in Business”
- Dunn Blount Inn of Court (2012 - present)
- Volusia County Bar Association (2010 - present)
- Volusia Association for Women Lawyers (2010 - present)
- Florida Justice Association (2010 - present)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (2002 - present)
- American Bar Association (2002 - present)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (2002 - 2010)
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers (2002 - present); Immediate Past President (2010 - 2011), President (2009 - 2010), Vice President (2008 - 2009)
- Tampa Bay Inn of Court (2004 - 2010)
- Florida Justice Association
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment Lawyer (2021, 2022)