Kelly Chanfrau is Board Certified by the Florida Bar as an expert in Labor and Employment Law - a distinction achieved by less than 7% of Florida Bar Members.
She has recently been honored as the “2017 Woman of the Year” by the Volusia-Flagler Association for Women Lawyers (VFAWL). Her many accolades also include a current AVVO Rating of “10.0 Superb” and being named one of the “Best Lawyers In America – Labor Law” (2016 and 2017). At Chanfrau & Chanfrau, she uses her formidable skills to represent both employees and employers, providing expertise and counsel for wage and hour disputes, as well as claims of discrimination, harassment, and other employment-related issues. Kelly offers assistance in all areas of employment law, including consulting and training services. She is also an experienced personal injury attorney, vigorously fighting for her clients’ rights to compensation for injury and wrongful death accidents caused by negligence. Kelly has recovered millions of dollars for her clients through jury verdicts, judgments, arbitration awards, and settlements.
- Board Certified by the Florida Bar as an Expert in Labor and Employment Law - an honor achieved by less than 7% of Florida Bar Members.
- Represents both employees and management in all aspects of employment law, wage and hour law, discrimination, and harassment.
- Aggressively represents individuals in personal injury and wrongful death cases – and has recovered millions of dollars for her clients through jury verdicts, judgments, arbitration awards, and settlements.
Kelly Chanfrau is an attorney in Daytona Beach, FL, who explains why she is an attorney. She enjoys helping her clients achieve a settlement or outcome that is beneficial to their and their family's lives. Her extensive experience and understanding of Florida law help her become an invaluable asset to the team.View More
Prior to returning to her hometown of Daytona Beach to join Chanfrau & Chanfrau, Kelly rose to Partner at Ford and Harrison LLP, a national labor and employment law firm.
Kelly has successfully represented both individuals and numerous Fortune 500 companies, large nationwide retailers, an international bank, nationwide restaurant chains and franchises, public employers, local governments, and many other local and national companies before state and federal courts in Florida, Alabama, and Texas. She has successfully litigated cases before appellate state and federal courts throughout Florida and Eleventh Circuit, arbitration panels, the Department of Labor, and various School, Pension, and Human Resources Boards. She has tried many cases and obtained exceptional jury verdicts in both state and federal courts.
At Chanfrau & Chanfrau, she provides client counseling to employees and management, management training, handbooks, and policy building materials and consulting for clients in all industries and of all sizes. Kelly is regularly asked by national and statewide legal organizations to give lectures to other attorneys in the areas of trial practice, contract drafting, arbitrations, depositions, ethics, and recent developments in labor and employment laws.
Kelly also handles wrongful death claims, sexual assault claims, product liability claims, premises liability claims and other claims involving negligence.
Prior to attending law school, Kelly worked as an Account Coordinator at one of the world’s leading advertising agencies, Arnold Worldwide Communications, in Boston, Massachusetts. As a rising star, she was chosen to work on a professional development committee for all employees. In college, Kelly earned her stripes at the Office of Naval Intelligence and was officially recognized for her “Exceptional Competence and Devotion to Duty.”
Honors and Distinctions
- Volusia-Flagler Association for Women Lawyers “2017 Woman of the Year”
- U.S. News and World Report – 2017 Best Lawyers, Labor/Best Law Firm
- Florida Super Lawyer (2013 - 2017)
- Florida Super Lawyer – Business Edition (2013 - 2017)
- Best Lawyers in America – Labor Law (2016 and 2017)
- Recognized in Best Lawyers – Business “2017 Women of Influence”
- Legal Elite 2017 – Florida Trend Magazine
- Daytona Beach News-Journal - “2016 Influential Women in Business”
- Dunn Blount Inn of Court (2012 - present)
- Volusia County Bar Association (2010 - present)
- Volusia Association for Women Lawyers (2010 - present)
- Florida Justice Association (2010 - present)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (2002 - present)
- American Bar Association (2002 - present)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (2002 - 2010)
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers (2002 - present); Immediate Past President (2010 - 2011), President (2009 - 2010), Vice President (2008 - 2009)
- Tampa Bay Inn of Court (2004 - 2010)
- Florida Justice Association (Eagle Member)
- AVVO Rating: “10.0 = Superb”
Education and Admissions
- Seabreeze High School (1993)
- Florida State University (B.A., Cum Laude 1997)
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., with Honors 2001)
- Florida State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District Court of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District Court of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
Honors & Distinctions