Get to Know Kelly Chanfrau
Kelly is a partner at Chanfrau & Chanfrau. She started her legal career as a defense lawyer in 2001 before switching to be a plaintiff's attorney in 2010. Today, many of her peers consider her one of the top 50 female attorneys in the state of Florida.
Ms. Chanfrau is board-certified by the Florida Bar as an expert in labor and employment and first achieved this distinction in 2012.
How Kelly Chanfrau Approaches Each Case And Puts the Needs of Her Clients and Their Families First
Ms. Chanfrau started her legal career in 2001 as an attorney at a national defense law firm. While she was there, she represented Fortune 500 companies, nationwide retailers and restaurant chains, an international bank, public employers, local governments, and many other entities before state and federal courts in Florida, Alabama, and Texas.
Much like her father, W. M. Chanfrau, Sr., Ms. Chanfrau left the defense world to focus on helping accident victims and workers in need of a legal advocate. She moved back to her hometown of Daytona Beach to work with her father and brother at Chanfrau & Chanfrau.
Ms. Chanfrau has received numerous accolades from colleagues and legal organizations for her work in personal injury and labor law.
"We, as a family, have a responsibility to help people because we have been so fortunate in life... That is something that has been instilled within me since I was a little girl." Kelly Chanfrau
- Juris Doctor (JD)
Stetson University College of Law
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Florida State University
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District Court of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District Court of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar
- Florida Justice Association (FJA)
- Florida Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA)
- Volusia County Bar Association (VCBA)
- Volusia Flagler Association for Women Lawyers (VFAWL)
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers (HAWL)
- Florida Super Lawyers – Top 50 Female Attorneys in Florida
- Best Lawyers – Lawyer of the Year (2021 & 2023)
- Best Lawyers in America (2021-present)
- Martindale-Hubbell’s AV-Preeminent Rated Attorney (2020-present)
- Volusia-Flagler Association for Women Lawyers “2017 Woman of the Year”
- U.S. News and World Report – Best Lawyers, Labor/Best Law Firm (2017–present)
- Best Lawyers in America – Labor Law (2016-present)
- Florida Super Lawyer – Business Edition (2013-present)
Ms. Chanfrau is President of the Florida Chapter of the National Employment Labor Lawyers Association (NELA). She also served as President and Vice President of the Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers, a local chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers.
Clients Share Their Experiences Working with Kelly Chanfrau Going Above and Beyond for the People of Central Florida
Thank you to Kelly Chanfrau and her team at Chanfrau & Chanfrau. You and your team came through for me in my moment of need. I’m always the one giving help - never asking for it. Everyone went above and beyond on so many levels. Professional, kind, thorough and personable. Highly recommend. Thank you so much. 5⭐️View on Google
Kelly Chanfrau has been my attorney for over seven years. Kelly and her firm has gone above and beyond the call of duty to fight for my rights and to protect my dignity and overall respect in the workplace. I strongly recommend Chanfrau and Chanfrau.View on Google