Kelly Chanfrau - Central Florida Employment Law Attorney
Kelly Chanfrau is Board Certified by the Florida Bar as an Expert in Labor and Employment Law (an honor achieved by less than 7% of Florida Bar Members).
Kelly represents both employees and management in all aspects of employment law, wage and hour law, discrimination and harassment. She also aggressively represents individuals in personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Prior to returning to her hometown of Daytona Beach to join Chanfrau & Chanfrau, Kelly was a Partner at Ford and Harrison LLP, a national labor and employment law firm.
Kelly has succesfully represented both individuals and numerous Fortune 500 Companies, several large nationwide retailers, an international bank, nationwide restaurants chains and franchises, public employers of all types, and numerous other local and national companies in a wide array of industries and sizes in a variety of substantative areas before state courts, federal courts in Florida, Alabama, and Texas, appellate state and federal courts, the Department of Labor, School Boards, Pension Boards, and Human Resources Boards.
Kelly provides client counseling to employees and management, management training, handbooks, and policy building materials and consulting for clients in all industries and for clients of all sizes. She has given lectures to lawyers and HR Professionals across Florida on new trends in employment law, including a Continuing Legal Education Seminar sponsored by the Hillsborough County Bar Association.
Prior to attending law school, Kelly worked at one of the World’s leading adverstising agencies (Arnold Worldwide Communications) in Boston, Massachusetts as an Account Coordinator where she was chosen to work on a professional development committee for employees. In college, Kelly was chosen to work at the Office of Naval Intelligence and was awarded an award for her Exceptional Competence and Devotion to Duty.
back to top
Honors and Distinctions
- Florida Super Lawyer (2013)
- "Up and Coming Attorney" in Florida Trend Magazine
- "Rising Star in Labor and Employment" Florida Superlawyers Magazine
- "Legal Elite" Florida Trend Magazine
- Volusia County Bar Association (2010- present)
- Volusia Association for Women Lawyers (2010-present))
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (2002-present)
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers (2002-present); Immediate Past President (2010-2011), President (2009-2010), Vice President (2008-2009)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (2002-present)
- American Bar Association (2002-present)
- Florida Justice Association (2010-present)
- Tampa Bay Inn of Court (2004-2010)
back to top
Education and Admissions
- Seabreeze High School, Daytona Beach, Florida ( )
- Florida State University (B.A., Cum Laude 1997)
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., with Honors 2001)
- Florida State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District Court of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District Court of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
back to top