Kelly Chanfrau is Board Certified by the Florida Bar as an Expert in Labor and Employment Law (an honor achieved by less than 7% of Florida Bar Members).
Kelly represents both employees and management in all aspects of employment law, wage and hour law, discrimination and harassment. She also aggressively represents individuals in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Kelly has recovered millions of dollars for her clients through jury verdicts, judgments, arbitration awards, and settlements.
Meet Employment Lawyer Kelly Chanfrau
Kelly Chanfrau speaks about the importance of the cases her clients bring to her as a labor and employment lawyer. Kelly has been practicing since 2002. Creating hope for clients in desperate situations is an extremely important part of Kelly's work.View More
Honors & Distinctions
Prior to returning to her hometown of Daytona Beach to join Chanfrau & Chanfrau, Kelly was a Partner at Ford and Harrison LLP, a national labor and employment law firm.
Kelly has successfully represented both individuals and numerous Fortune 500 Companies, several large nationwide retailers, an international bank, nationwide restaurants chains and franchises, public employers of all types, and numerous other local and national companies in a wide array of industries and sizes in a variety of substantive areas before state courts, federal courts in Florida, Alabama, and Texas, appellate state and federal courts, arbitration panels, the Department of Labor, School Boards, Pension Boards, and Human Resources Boards. Kelly has tried cases and received excellent jury verdicts in both state and federal courts.
Kelly provides client counseling to employees and management, management training, handbooks, and policy building materials and consulting for clients in all industries and for clients of all sizes. Kelly has been regularly asked by national and statewide legal organizations to give lectures to other attorneys in the areas of trial practice, contract drafting, arbitrations, depositions, and recent developments in labor and employment laws.
Prior to attending law school, Kelly worked at one of the World’s leading advertising agencies (Arnold Worldwide Communications) in Boston, Massachusetts as an Account Coordinator where she was chosen to work on a professional development committee for employees. In college, Kelly was chosen to work at the Office of Naval Intelligence and was awarded an award for her Exceptional Competence and Devotion to Duty.
Types Of Cases We Handle
Chanfrau & Chanfrau attorneys handle a wide range of plaintiff's personal injury claims. In practice for 36 years, we are recognized experts in this area of the law. We've successfully pursued thousands of cases involving auto accidents, product liability and premises liability, including slip and falls, dog bites and cases of negligent security resulting in assault crimes. We also represent victims of medical malpractice and cases where children have been molested or abused.View More
Honors and Distinctions
- Florida Super Lawyer (2013, 2014, and 2015)
- Florida Super Lawyer Business Edition (2013, 2014, and 2015)
- Best Lawyers in America - Labor (2016)
- AVVO Rating = “Superb”
- "Up and Coming Attorney" in Florida Trend Magazine
- "Rising Star in Labor and Employment" Florida Superlawyers Magazine
- "Legal Elite" Florida Trend Magazine
- Florida Justice Association (Eagle Member)
- Dunn Blount Inn of Court, (2012- present)
- Volusia County Bar Association (2010- present)
- Volusia Association for Women Lawyers (2010-present))
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (2002-present)
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers (2002-present); Immediate Past President (2010-2011), President (2009-2010), Vice President (2008-2009)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (2002-present)
- American Bar Association (2002-present)
- Florida Justice Association (2010-present)
- Tampa Bay Inn of Court (2004-2010)
Education and Admissions
- Seabreeze High School, Daytona Beach, Florida (1993)
- Florida State University (B.A., Cum Laude 1997)
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., with Honors 2001)
- Florida State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District Court of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District Court of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit